Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter INVASION!

Wednesday March 6th, 2013

Breakfast were the pastries bought in the cheap bakery at Tainan. I chose of course the one that caught my eye (hence leading to its purchase), the green tea and red bean large bread roll. Biting into it, I discovered that it was mainly bread with the middle having a bit of cream topped with red beans. So it wasn’t a cream filled pastry but rather a sugary dessert version of a hot dog. XD

And the results, pretty darn tasty! The main part was sweet bread but not overpowering in sugariness. I believe the cream was a version of cream cheese, different from what I’m used to. This cream cheese had a subdued taste and didn’t have the kick as say Philadelphia brand cream cheese. Also I found that the cream cheese was best with a red bean or two rather than just alone. The pastry was hard to savor but really filling. Overall it was quite good. Thumbs up for something completely new! ;)

Waiting for the morning bus, a small cloud emerging from my mouth provoked a smile. That was the first time I saw my breath in Taipei. It finally got cold enough to do so even if a thin and airy puff. A little surprise delight to start the day off pleasantly!

In high school land I snoozed away as well as continued reading Tolkien’s “The Children of Hurin.” Man, the beginning of that book is hard to work through because your bombarded in numerous names, places and history you try and take in all at once. It’s like wading through mud. But I stuck with it and got to the moving story part where everything started to make sense. Now I’m hooked on the book and encountered the reasons why I love Tolkien’s work. Reading the book made the day a good one!

Dang stomach was hurting again today. At one point I revealed it to a classmate because she offered me food and I wanted to give her the truth of why I declined. It touched my heart when she said she was worried about me. She would’ve had me see the school doctor (she was my translator last visit) but there was no doctor today. Her sweetness is heart-rendering!

Back at the house, a friendly white box who traveled long and far sat upon my chair waiting to be opened. The Easter package from my parents arrived! HAPPY DAY! What a wonderful surprise to restore a tired and weary chica!

And what a trove lay inside! All the delightful things usually placed in my Easter basket made their way across the ocean, disregarding the distance between Texas and Taiwan to bring the Easter tradition to me. My Mom and Dad are the best! ^_^ With these yummy treats, I will introduce Easter to my host family since Taiwan does not have a single trace of the holiday, neither Christian version nor commercial version. But may I just point out…OH MY GOODNESS REESE’S EGGS AND BUTTERFINGER BUNNY! HAAAAAAAALLELUJAH! These two auspicious candies are nowhere to be found in Taiwan. How have they not converted to Reese’s Peanut Butter goodness yet?! So these candies are such a blessing! Thank you Mom and Dad! :D

They also sent five beautiful bracelet charms, two having prominent Christian characteristics, which I love because it inserts the true meaning of Easter into my abroad version of the holiday. Love! ^_^

When did Snickers Peanut Butter Eggs come into existence?! Why have I not seen nor eaten one of these before? Are they new? Are they any good? Because I couldn’t resist the prospect of trying a Snickers Peanut Butter Egg, I indulged in one. …Good…Sweet…Lord Almighty…my taste-buds were screaming out praises as I bowed my head down as if being smite by a potent wave of power. Whoever created this wonderful hybrid of a Snickers bar and Reese’s cup is a genesis! I have seen the bar version of this treat in Taiwan but didn’t buy and try one. After having the egg version, it’ll be hard converting me to bar form. Come on, egg format of any candy is like ten times better! ;P I had to physically slap my hand to stop from eating another one. XD

I know it’s premature but to go along with the bursting feeling from the package, Happy Easter everyone! ;D Hope your day is swell!

No comments:

Post a Comment