Monday, January 7, 2013

Taiwanese Jinx


Friday December 28th, 2012

Cake breakfast again. This makes day number two except this time I was given two slices measuring over an inch thick put on my plate. Oh gosh. When no one was in the room I snuck back the second piece in the container. One is more than enough for me.

In the morning I ran into Redy and both of us simultaneously said “Zao an!” (‘Good morning’ in Chinese). I followed with “Jinx!” and explained the meaning behind it. She then told me of the Taiwanese version of jinx. You bop the opposing person on the head and make a wish. At first she said, “hit the person” which I dramatically envisioned as a martial arts karate chop but then corrected me to using a tap rather than a death-blow. XD So there you go, try out the Taiwanese jinx on people in America if you wish just to confuse them. ;D

I kept taking naps right and left at school. Lunch was another salad. Nothing much else to my day. Whoop-dee-do.

Bye-bye all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment