Thursday, January 24, 2013

Childhood Visit

Sunday January 6th, 2013

Church day. Due to the weird, sporadic weather, I chose to wear my letter jacket as the best bit of clothing choice. A church friend came up and said, “Woah! Biker jacket!” …oh goodness. XD Far from it! I explained how it was a school jacket and another lady who was in an American high school (Klein ISD coincidentally!) chipped in on explaining. But it made me wonder, do I actually look like a biker to Taiwanese when wearing it? I’ve seen people here wearing those rip-off fashion ones so it’s not anything new. I still wonder though…

For Beta groups, a large group of women went out for lunch at a nice little place. It had quite an interesting and appetizing menu with Western and European cuisine. Though everything sounded scrumptious, I settled on a yogurt parfait with toast on the side. In my opinion it needed more nuts and fruit but it was still very tasty and satisfying. We stayed for a good long while, the ladies closest to me talked about culture difference effecting relationships. That was a fun discussion as stories popped up relating to the subject that sent chuckles echoing throughout the table. Lesson to be learned from it, always listen and follow rules set by the foreign culture. XD

As of late I haven’t been feeling good. So I took a nap once I got home. Even with the nap I still didn’t feel so hot. That’s when I decided to take the night off and relax with a movie I’ve been itching to watch. It was meant for Christmas but a busy schedule interfered with that plan. I’m referring to “The Santa ClausE,” a movie my real parents mailed me upon request. From the very beginning to the end, a sense of relief and peace was within me. It felt right to watch the movie. A nice chunk of childhood for an hour and a half. That was my night.

I hope y’all sleep well. Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment