Monday, April 29, 2013

Shopping Errands Complete

Sunday April 28th, 2013

Church day and feeling swell! It’s always nice to go to Sunday service for my spiritual needs. An add-on was having lunch with four other exchange students at an Indian restaurant called “Masala House.” Filled with people, we had to wait a while for our orders but they were nicely priced specials and gave us more time to hang out.

Choosing the chicken curry flavor, twas my first time to try curry with naan bread instead of rice. And boy was it sooooo much better! Sure the intake of carbs from the bread makes my skin crawl a bit but it was worth it for the experience and friends. The sauce was also delightful with a kick of spice. For years I always thought curry was supposed to be this ultra spicy food that makes you cry but I’ve been corrected in Taiwan. Curry here is mild to very little spice to a point that I really, really like. It’s still so strange to think I now like spiciness considering my childhood nemesis was anything with the smallest pinch of hotness. Even stranger, I’m willing and curious to try truly spicy curry just to see whether or not I like/can TAKE IT LIKE A WOMAN! ;D

The delicious main course was topped off with a delightful cup of hot milk tea. It was definitely different from any other milk teas I’ve ever had with this version being pepped up with extra unique seasonings. My taste buds are not knowledgeable enough to distinguish the flavors. Whatever the seasonings were, it focused more on the tea rather than turning the drink into some sugary liquid. Very delectable and deserves a thumbs up!

Bidding goodbye to buddies, I went off in search of a nearby tennis shoe shop I Google-Mapped. My current shoes are great ones I’ve had for 1-2 years, wearing them basically everyday but shoes only live for so long. The heels have been so worn through that you can count all the material layers of the shoe. The lovely arch supports I so enjoyed have been totally flattened over so much wear. Not to mention they 100% reek with a vile stench despite my attempts to subdue it with sweet pea perfume. Yeah, I think it’s time for new shoes. As my (real) Dad put it, “you don’t want to be labeled a terrorist on the plane when you take off your shoes” (with the disgusting odor attacking people). XD

After browsing around an area with several small but similar shops, I was draw to a fabulous pair that undeniably caught my attention. Shoes that was akin to my old ones, basically the same type except for a few slight adjustments. Same old blue coloring except it was spilt into blue and purple sections. Same comfortable arch supports that were a delightful welcome, highlighting how flattened my old ones are. Perfect shoe fit since I took the same size as my old ones (yes they understand American shoe sizes). It felt like I was wearing my old shoes that were magically revived to their former glory. Therefore I knew it would be the best quality buy possible since I already knew how good these shoes are and how much I LOVE them. Comparing prices, Taiwan is not cheaper than American prices. I paid the same amount as one normally would in America. Nonetheless, I LOVE THESE SHOES and can’t wait to start wearing them for their loveliness! ^_^

Next stop on my errand list was a visit to Wellcome grocery store to search for a good source of sodium. My diet has severely lacked sodium to the point where it is effecting my overall functioning. Can y’all recall how I’ve been mentioning how tired I am for the past week? Not enough sodium is the cause. Therefore I have three basic options to redeem this: salt, soy sauce or clear chicken/beef broth. The first two options sound dreadful to me since I would have to intake them alone without food. My fingers were crossed for finding the third choice because it sounded a bunch tastier.

By some stroke of luck I actually found just the thing! Though an Asian brand it advertised the clear English words “clear chicken broth” and I translated the Chinese nutrition label on my own. This outta do the trick! Anxiously buying two cans, I hurried home to restock my system with sodium to finally get functioning properly. One sip and BAM! My face immediately contorted. Man this stuff was so strong! Several more sips later I began doubting whether or not I could down the whole can (which one can is recommend a day for my sodium lacking diet). Even when spilt into two parts, drinking it was not a welcoming time for both taste buds and stomach. I now look at the second can I have in dread and already predict drinking it through gritted teeth. This is sure not going to become a daily habit for me…not even a weekly one. Andrea just doesn’t like gulping a whole can of this Asian clear chicken broth purely by itself. Not nummy. Blah.

Well here’s to hoping I perk up a bit with the sodium intake. Y’all take care now. Byes!

No comments:

Post a Comment